A downloadable game engine for Windows, macOS, and Linux
LITIENGINE is a free, open-source, and simple Java 2D Game Engine created by two Bavarian brothers.
The engine consists of two components: A lightweight Java library that provides basic game infrastructure, and the dedicated project management tool and map editor utiLITI.
Development on the LITIENGINE started all the way back in 2014, and it has been made open source in 2017 under the highly permissive MIT license. You can use it entirely free of charge, modify it in any way you want, or even redistribute it in commercial products. Our software is being diligently developed by open source enthusiasts across the globe and is currently in Beta status.
One of our most important design principles is the reliance on pure Java: We keep the amount of external dependencies to an absolute minimum to maintain a tidy and lightweight library.
Join our flourishing community and get started creating awesome 2D video games with LITIENGINE.
- Basic Game Infrastructure (GameLoop, Configuration, Resource Management, Logging, ...)
- 2D Render Engine (GUI Components, Spritesheet Animations, Ambient Lighting, Particle System, ...)
- 2D Sound Engine (support for .wav, .mp3 and .ogg)
- 2D Physics Engine
- Support for Tile Maps in .tmx format (e.g. made with Tiled Editor)
- Player Input via Gamepad/Keyboard/Mouse
- Entity Framework
Find out more about the engine on
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- v0.5.0-beta - "Farewell, Alpha!"36 days ago